Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Green Tea for Green Life


It started about a year ago. I found this magazine which dwell on the benefit of this green tea thing. Then because it was told that it has many great benefits for human body, I started to drink it daily. I first bought it in Chinese medicine store, they sold every herbal thing there. It already packed, so I just grab it and left.

First thing I noticed about this green tea is it bitterness. Maybe because I brewed it so long with a lot of leaves (It should used only 1 teaspoon per glass and I used two... :P, I thought the more leaves you use the more benefits I get). It's not, at least not if you don't drink it daily. Yes I am an instant generation, so back then I was very sure that I'll get the benefit once I drank it. Of course, I was wrong.

Finally.....

I drink it daily, usually in the afternoon. I don't really feel the benefit much act
ually, but I planned to keep drinking this green tea stuff because it's herbal and I believe of its benefits. One thing, you don't want to drink it at night because it gonna make you up all night long (it's because the caffeine I guess).

To sum up, here are some medical conditions in which drinking green tea is reputed to be helpful:

* cancer
* rheumatoid arthritis
* high cholesterol levels
* cariovascular disease
* infection
* impaired immune function

* tooth decay
* burning more calories (warning: only if you put a lot on your daily basis)

From what I read, the secret of green tea lies in the fact it is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue. It has also been effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels, and inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots. The latter takes on added importance when you consider that thrombosis (the formation of abnormal blood clots) is
the leading cause of heart attacks and stroke.

I don't have those medical conditions above that have to be cured (thx GOD >.<), so I plan to prevent it and start to drink green tea at least one cup a day..... Pic source:diy-sushi-recipes.com,ifood.tv

No comments: